scholarships.gov.in Moma Pre-Matric Scholarship 2015-16 for Minorities for Class 1 - 10 students

Discussion in 'Scholarships for Minorities' started by OnlineScholarship, Apr 6, 2015.

1. OnlineScholarship

OnlineScholarship Administrator Staff Member

The application are invited from the suitable candidates of Minority communities to apply for Pre-Matric Scholarship for the year 2015-16 as this is released by the Ministry of Minority Affairs and implemented by the State Govt./Union Territory Administrations. The students of Class I to Class X studying in Government or Private School are entitled to apply for MOMA Pre- Matric Scholarship 2015-16.

Pre Matric Scholarship 205-16

Pre-matric Scholarship Scheme is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme with 100% central funding launched in the year 2008 by the Ministry of Minority Affairs MOM. Under this Scholarships Scheme those students are awarded who are studying in India in a Govt. / Private School from class 1 to Class 10 and belongs to minority communities notified by govt. and who scored 50% marks or more or equivalent grade in the last final examination and the annual income of whose parents/ guardian from all sources does not more than Rs.1.00 lakh.

The state govt./UT administrations will have to furnish the details of the student of Class 1 to Class 8 in the prescribed format to allow the MOMA to transfer scholarship directly to the students account through DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer) mode.

The students of Class 9 to Class 10 may have to apply for Pre-Matric Scholarship through Online mode by going to the web portal ie., www.scholarships.gov.in. There is no offline mode for the students of Classes 9 to 10 for Pre Matric Scholarship 2015-16.

Eligibility for Pre-Matric Scholarship 2015-16:

1. The students of Class 1 to 10 are eligible to apply for Pre-Matric Scholarship
    2. The student must be from the minority communities.
    3. The student must scored not below than 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination.
    4. The students parents/guardian annual income should not be more than Rs. One Lac (1,00,000/-) from all sources.
    5. 30% of the Pre-Matric Scholarships are reserved for the female candidates which is transferable in case of not availability of girl candidates to the same minority male candidates.

Distribution of Pre-Matric Scholarship 2015-16:

<a> There are some minority communities and they are Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jains and Parsis which are notified under the National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992.

<b> The Disbursement of these scholarship between the State or UTs will be done on the basis of the population of Minorities in the State and Union Territories.

Procedure of Selection for Pre-Matric Scholarship 2015-16:

..A-> There are fixed and limited number of scholarship for Post Matric Scholarship.

..B-> The selection weightage or preference will be given to the Below Poverty Line candidates in spite of the marks.

..C-> Renewal applications of pre matric scholarship will be exhausted before the fresh applications are considered.

Duration of Pre-Matric Scholarship 2015-16:

~1~. The selected candidates will get the scholarship for the entire course

~2~> Whereas the Maintenance Allowance will be given to the candidates for ten (10) month period in an academic year.

Reward of Pre-Matric Scholarship 2015-16:

=>> The selected candidates will get the financial assistance for Admission or Tuition fee and Maintenance Allowance as per the maximum ceiling given below-

1. Admission fee from class VI to X

For Hosteller: Rs.500/- per annum subject to actual.

For Day Scholars: Rs.500/- per annum subject to actual.

2. Tuition fee from class VI to X

For Hosteller : Rs.350/- per month subject to actual.

For Day Scholars: Rs.350/- per month subject to actual.

3. Maintenance allowance is payable for a period not exceeding 10 months in an academic year.

(i) Class I to V Hosteller : Nil

Class I to V Day Scholars: Rs. 100/- per month

(ii) Class VI to X Hosteller: Rs. 600/- per month subject to actual.

Class VI to X Day Scholars: Rs. 100/- per month

=>> Two students from a family will be awarded with pre-matric scholarship.

Other Terms and Conditions of Pre-Matric Scholarship 2015-16:

I. The candidates must be regular in attendance for which the measure will be decided by the competent authority of the school.

II. The students must have to provide the Income certificate from the employer for employed parents/guardian or Certificate to be issued by the Competent Authority declared by the State Government/ UT Administration.

III. The migration of any student from one institute to another would not be allowed during the course period except under exceptional situations.

IV. The students scholarship will be cancelled if he/she break the terms and conditions of the scholarship scheme.

V. In case the candidates found to obtain a scholarship by false certificate, their scholarship will be cancelled.

VI. The student obtaining benefits under this pre-matric scholarship scheme shall not be allowed to get the benefits under any other scheme for the same study.

VII. The fund for allotment of scholarship in following years will be released after receiving the utilization certificate for the previous year.

VIII. The rules and regulations can be changed at any time by the govt. of India.

Time Line of Pre-Matric Scholarship 2015-16 [for Class 1 to 8 (offline)]

1) Communication of target to States/UTs by the Ministry : by March, 2015

2) Publication of advertisement by States/UTs inviting the application from the students : By April, 2015

3) Receipt of applications from students by States/UTs scrutiny by institutions/ States/ UT Administration : 1.5.2015 TO 31.07.2015

4) Submission of scholarship requirement by the States/UTs to the Ministry: 1st July to 31.8.2015

5) Release of scholarship amounts to students through DBT Mode : From Sept., 2015

Time Line of Pre-Matric Scholarship 2015-16 [for Class 9 & 10 (online)]
    1. Communication of target to States/UTs by the Ministry : By March, 2015

2. Publication of advertisement by States/UTs inviting the application from the students : By April, 2015

3. Receipt of applications from students by States/UTs scrutiny by institutions/ States/ UT Administration : 1St May 2015 to 31st July 2015

4. Submission of Online Proposals by State/ UT : 1St July to 31st August, 2015

5. Bank validation by Public Finance Management System (PFMS) and Release of scholarship amount to students through DBT mode : 1st September to 18th October, 2015

ANSARI JISHAN.M and partha sk like this.
  2. NAME - GOLAM MORTUZA

3. Sir I need some more details

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2015
  4. sir website ka name bata do

5. khairul alam

khairul alam New Member

my Name is -khairul Alam

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2015
  6. VILL DHANYA GHATA P.O DHANYA GHTA P.S MONDIR BAZAR DIST 24 PARGANAS SOUTH

7. Ameer nawaz

Ameer nawaz Guest

Hi, my self ameer nawaz now i have completed my 10th class with 93.92% i want to scholarship to study further

8. Dear Sir when the list will publish

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  9. Sir,pre matric scholarship er online form www.scholarship.gov.in er kon address theke pabo? Please details bole din. One khuje6i pa6ina.

10. When we click this scholarships.gov.in link , then open wrong site. there have no option for online form fill-up. I think this web site is not created at all upgrade your website for online form fill-up.

Layeb Mondal likes this.
  11. athar how to apply for PMS

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  12. md.babar Ali

md.babar Ali Guest

koba thaka chalu hoba

13. please let me know the details

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2015
  14. I want to get complete information

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2015
  15. asim kamal

asim kamal Guest